Software Development Manager
Skillsource is INNOVATE’s IT Contracting and Resourcing business unit, assisting clients to meet their growing demand for premium technical people on a permanent or contract basis.
Our Public Sector client located in Dublin 2 are seeking a Software Development Manager to join their core project team. This role involves 70% remote work. The successful contractor will architect software solutions and manage a project delivery team of seven. The majority of the work for this position will be conducted remotely with on-site meetings scheduled throughout the cycle of project delivery.
The projects will range from Delivering .NET, SharePoint, Dynamics CRM, AngularJS and single web page applications. The software development manager will be accountable for communicating project milestones and ensuring the project team meets key deliverables.
The Software Development Manager will deliver software solutions on multimillion euro projects for the client. As an expert Software Engineer the contractor will provide expertise on software architecture practice in an Agile environment while playing a key decision-making role within the project team.
Required Competencies and Experience
- 10+ years Development Experience with at least 3 years in a team lead or manager role
- Degree in IS / IT related discipline or equivalent
- Excellent understanding of business processes and budgeting
- Experience communicating and influencing Senior Leaders within their organisation
- Project Reporting
- Experience managing large complex development projects
- Other skills include:
- Team management
- Budget management
- Scheduling and resource management
- Project management
- Consultant mind set with a desire to interact with clients, staff and management teams
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with passionate attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritising multiple objectives and initiatives
- Comfortable managing ambiguity
- A desire and ease in establishing credibility with non-technical leaders via excellent communication skills and business acumen
To be considered for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org