INNOVATE - The IT Solutions People are the Leading Managed IT and Cloud Service Provider in Ireland.
The Component Lead will specialise in progressing all elements of product technical design and development, promoting quality, stability and time to market for all product feature releases within the SAFe framework.
The role will be focused on helping bridge the gap between high level feature designs outlined in architectural artefacts and low level technical design maintaining quality and vision of the deliverable.The successful candidate will understand product architecture and design and take a lead on strategic planning to cater for multiple streams refactoring the same codebase.
The role will be responsible primarily for engaging with product owners to prioritise, sequence and deliver lists of stories based on sprint capacity as well as providing technical guidance to developers to resolve technical and design issues blocking progress.
Role will manage component team sprints, monitor story progress through daily stand up and liaise with work stream product owners, release train engineers and scrum masters. Coordinate closely with RTEs to schedule and manage QA environments, production drops and post deployment product warranty period.
This role will involve working closely with many business and technical teams both external and local.
LOCATION - Dublin
- Liaising extensively with component team, architects, product owners, release train engineers, QA and internal stakeholders on a technical and business basis.
- Working within a development environment operating in the SAFe framework, you'll be responsible for driving the direction of low level technical design across all product development.
- Required to liaise closely with system and solution architects to refine high level features into application technical design maintaining the quality and vision of the product.
- Engage with product owners to prioritise, sequence and deliver list of stories based on sprint capacity.
- Provide innovative ideas and solutions regarding systems design and technology enhancements within a collaborative and team focused ethos.
- The individual must be comfortable with objectively challenging their peers and superiors to ensure adherence to agreed quality standards.
- Provide technical guidance to developers to resolve technical and design issues blocking progress.
- Understand product architecture and design, devise strategic planning to cater for multiple streams refactoring the same codebase.
- Manage component team sprints, monitor story progress through daily stand up and liaise with work stream Product Owners and Scrum Masters.
- Coordinate closely with RTEs to schedule and manage QA environments, production drops and post deployment product warranty period.
- Attend Scrum of Scrums to assist work stream scrum masters on sprint metrics and deliverables.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to management, team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Identify, communicate and manage issues and risks as they arise.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a closely related field.
- Minimum 6 years hands on industry experience in implementing best practices for product design and development.
- Experience working in SAFe framework, for example:
- Participation in PI planning
- Lead sprint refinement, sprint planning sessions
- Manage resource capacity, demand and business stakeholders
- Provide business and technical assistance to unblock developers
- Agile SCRUM software methodology experience using products such as JIRA Agile
- Promote continuous improvement and innovation in the team
- Constantly strive to improve team velocity and efficiency.
- Worked with microservices in an enterprise level product, Web API, API security
- Must have analytical skills and experience to achieve tangible results in a challenging environment
- Ability to prioritize workload, must be highly organized, detail-oriented, handle various tasks simultaneously and work independently within limited time constraints
- The ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with the business while ascertaining the key impact/detail behind the issue/request
- Excellent stakeholder management skills to manage both internal, central and third party relationships
- Strives to be the best in everything they do, challenges ideas and constantly innovates
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, be flexible and embrace change
- Extremely organised and a methodical approach to both daily tasks and project work
- Excellent management skills; highly self-motivated and constantly inspiring others
To be considered for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org