Data Platform Architect
INNOVATE - The IT Solutions People are the Leading Managed IT and Cloud Service Provider in Ireland.
INNOVATE delivers secure and resilient IT infrastructure and telecommunication solutions and provides ongoing IT support through our managed IT services. INNOVATE’s professional services team supports our clients across Networking, Security, Cloud Infrastructure, Communications and Cloud Productivity. The INNOVATE team shares a passion for the transformative powers of IT and are driven to solve business problems through technology for our customers.
Since our foundation, we have recognised that our people are one of the most important stakeholders in our organisation. Our continuous training and learning programs for our people builds on the knowledge and expertise of the team across the business. We believe through our values of respect, excellence and leadership and our empowerment model that we will make a significant difference to our people, our community and our industry.
“Great people make INNOVATE and INNOVATE invests in its people”
Our people are great listeners, independent, collaborative, communicative, client-centred, driven to find the best solutions and, most of all, obsessed with the transformative powers of technology. We want to work with people interested in making the most of technology.
Reporting into Head of Architecture and Transformation within the IT Delivery and Transformation function, the Data Platform Architect role will encompass all aspects of the company’s data platform, from highly scalable transactions, end-user reports and ETL process, to form a permanent data lake. The Data Platform Architect will implement architectural standards and frameworks across software, quality, and infrastructure teams.
LOCATION - Dublin/Limerick
- Collaborating on multi-functional teams to design solutions that demonstrate the Data Platform
- Working with the solution architects and data architects to drive and support discussions on architecture in order to ensure cohesion with overall technology direction
- Advising business on platform standard methodologies
- Lead key data architecture decisions across the client's technology estate
- Lead the design of architectural roadmaps, data platforms, data access and data technology architectures
- Provide expertise on the overall data eco-system’s engineering best practices, standards, architectural approaches and complex technical resolutions
- Work with engineering teams across the technology organization, deliver the strategy through clear leadership/direction, influence, and integration with agile development processes
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Data Management Professional with deep knowledge around data strategy, governance, architecture, tools, partnering, security and privacy.
- Own end to end solutioning and delivery of data transformation programs, small and nimble data initiatives to realize quick gains, while working with teams and its Partners to bring the best tools and delivery methods.
- Understanding business requirements, develop data strategy, architecture and solution that meet business requirements.
- Apply knowledge and explain the benefits to organizations adopting strategies relating to: NextGen / New Age Data capabilities covering data governance and data ops.
- Identify right technology solutions and platforms for the above.
- Work on opportunity pursuits to shape and solution data programs, engage with key business stakeholders and effectively communicate value proposition on the new age data capabilities
- Work in building core data assets of one of the cloud providers
- Strong experience with solutions respecting security and data privacy (GDPR, CCPA) and PCI compliance requirements.
- Experience in deploying Cloud based data platform technologies such as Snowflake, Redshift, Synapse etc.
- Snowflake, Redshift, Synapse Architecture Experience in designing and architecting projects.
- Experience in Data Engineering and Data Wrangling
- Experience in Enterprise Information Modelling and Data-cantered platform engineering
- Familiar with Big Data infrastructures & eco systems (Hadoop)
- Experience working on large digital transformation projects
- Certification in any cloud data engineering tools.
- A broad data and technology background and the ability to articulate architecture approaches and decisions to technical and non-technical audiences alike
- Proven technical knowledge with Cloud AWS/GCP (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS), platform technologies, API integrations, bot and NLP technical and mobile and web technologies and architectures
- Have a good awareness of key regulatory requirements (Ofcom, PCI, EU GDPR etc.)
- Working knowledge of TOGAF (Enterprise Architecture framework), TM Forum Frameworx (industry specific Process, Application, and Information frameworks), and UML (modelling standard) is a plus.
- Experience with managing third parties required to participate in the definition of architectures, ensuring continuity of design with all internal aspects
- Someone who has traversed the data journey, having moved the clients through the modernization of data warehouse to data lakes to data operations on the cloud.
- Expertise in cloud-based data warehouse / data lake implementation
- Hands on experience in ETL, data warehouse, data lake, business intelligence, data governance, MDM, data virtualization and data ops technologies.
- Executed two or more engagements covering end to end lifecycle of nextgen data project (framing data strategy, define & drive new age data architecture, it’s transition to cloud and subsequent adoption)
- Consulted clients on aspiration to make them information led decision making business.
- Hands on expertise in building and implementing data architecture for large enterprises.
- Hands-on expertise in solutioning covering data ingestion, data cleansing, ETL, data mart creation and exposing data for consumers
- 23 holiday days with the ability to buy up to 5 additional days each year
- Increased annual leave after 5 years
- Privated medical insurance & employee assistance program from Day 1
- Pension - employer & employee contribution available from Day 1
- Corporate and employee discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
To be considered for this role please send your CV to email@example.com