Our client is a global leader in the development and supply of pumping solutions and related equipment to its key markets oil and gas, power, and water. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment where diversity is valued as a key driver for success.
They are seeking an Electrical Engineer. Your role will be to provide mechanical design and materials expertise to support Product Development activities.
To provide mechanical design and materials expertise to support to Product Development activities.
LOCATION - Wexford
- Lead role in Product Development electrical design and support activities
- Liaise with motor suppliers on new motor designs and technical support matters
- Responsible for the organisation and maintenance of in-house motor and cable selection data and specifications
- Review and approval of third party motor design data and inhouse brake test data in accordance with IEC 60034
- Responsible for providing motor data input values for Absel pump selection software
- Responsible for defining cable offerings based on product requirements and legal obligations
- Understanding and interpreting cable standards for various cable types – VDE, NEC, CEC etc.
- Responsible for cable sizing calculations for the full product offering including maintenance of inhouse calculations tools
- Conversant with cable entry specification and design in accordance with IP68, ATEX and FM requirements
- Understanding motor control and starting systems and provide technical support to Ops & Sales
- Execute minor projects as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a relevant field
- Expertise in electric motor technology, motor application and associated standards
- Experience in the application and control of electric motors in pump systems would be an advantage
- Excellent English
- Excellent problem solving skills and Good attention to detail
- Availability for some travel is required
To apply, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com