IT Infrastructure Engineer
Location - Dublin
INNOVATE delivers secure and resilient IT infrastructure and telecommunication solutions and provides ongoing support through our managed IT services. INNOVATE’s professional services team delivers projects for our clients across - Networking | Security | Cloud Infrastructure | Communications | Cloud Productivity.
Skillsource is INNOVATE’s IT Contracting and Resourcing business unit, assisting clients to meet their growing demand for premium technical people on a permeant or contract basis.
Our client is seeking an Infrastructure Engineer to join the IT Department. The purpose of this role is to provide technical support for approved applications including remote communication, local area networks, PC to host computer connectivity, and office automation. The IT Infrastructure Engineer provides extensive analysis and guidance for hardware and software configurations.
- Provide Tier 2/3 support to IT Service Desk administrator.
- When assigned, co-ordinate IT Service Desk activities including the on-site support provided by third party suppliers.
- Assist with troubleshooting issues arising from IT daily monitoring and operations checks. These include (but are not limited to) Data Backup monitoring, HIS Meditech operations check, Anti-Virus, Web / Mail, SAN, Server Hardware monitoring and patching.
- Assist with development and implementation of IT policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Contribute to and take responsibility for aspects of IT department applications, infrastructure projects and documentation of the IT infrastructure.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Infrastructure security including Mail, Desktop, Mobile devices etc
- Part of the Servicedesk and on call teams
- Assist with initial site definition and selection of personal computer hardware/software according to approved hospital standards.
- Complete equipment installations including loading software and running diagnostic tests to verify that the hardware/software is in proper working order.
- Conduct performance evaluations and recommends necessary adjustments to the environments to ensure peak performance.
- As a departmental liaison, consult with user department personnel to explore ICT needs and to identify and define areas of user dissatisfaction; relate user needs and concerns to appropriate IT management personnel for further action/resolution.
- Continue professional and educational advancement by attending and actively participating in appropriate training sessions provided by IT vendors ensuring attendees are made fully aware of the systems functionality, use and related regulatory requirements including but not limited to JCI and Data Protection.
- Contribute to cost savings and operational improvement by optimising the use of installed systems.
- Responsible for promoting Quality Initiatives and Patient/Guest Relations Programs through teamwork, respect of others, consensus building and confidentiality
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent field of study preferred.
Minimum 3 years experience in a support or Information technology role.
Well rounded knowledge of information and Communication Technology
Good experience working with VmWare, Exchange 2016
Experience of working in cloud environment
Business process analysis and redesign
Understanding of relevant external environments and/or platforms with which hospital processes/ applications are required to interface
Ability to accurately assess and report problems
- Strong understanding of cyber-threats and solutions.
Strong appreciation of the people and IT side of Information Security.
Technical understanding of security and system
Communication and interpersonal skills
Determination and persistence
Ability to maintain discretion with sensitive and confidential information
- Creativity and problem solving capability
Respond well to change and maintain flexibility while keeping focus on objectives
Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of staff.
Ability to interact with vendors as required.
Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
Practical knowledge of hospital and clinical environment
Understanding of healthcare sector and current and emerging trends in healthcare informatics
To be considered for this role please send your CV to email@example.com