IT Infrastructure Lead
INNOVATE - The IT Solutions People are the Leading Managed IT and Cloud Service Provider in Ireland.
Our client is looking for an Infrastructure Lead. This role is responsible for the delivery of changes and improvements to the business' infrastructure environment. As the business aims to transition to a Cloud infrastructure environment in Azure, experience with the Azure environment and specifically Windows/Azure Virtual Desktop configuration, maintenance, and support is crucial. In addition, this role will help provide the day-to-day maintenance & support for the IT environment. This is a varied IT operational role requiring flexibility. This IT role is undertaken by delivering a consistently high level of service in line with the business' policies and procedures and in keeping with the firm’s IT Strategy.
LOCATION - Dublin
- Be the technical lead on all infrastructure (server, storage, network, and platform) improvements or changes. Contribute to the evaluation of new infrastructure technology solutions. Successfully implement all required changes to the infrastructure environment – both Cloud and On Premise.
- Communicate all necessary knowledge on the changes/improvements to infrastructure and/or introduction of new infrastructure to all users and IT team members in an efficient & effective manner.
- Assist with all application improvements/changes and ensure that you are in a position to effectively maintain and support all applications.
- Address all IT maintenance & support requests/issues via IT Helpdesk. Ensure all IT requests/issues are completed/resolved within the established SLA. Take ownership of tasks and follow through to completion while maintaining the routine helpdesk operation.
- Be able to identify problems, evaluate trends, and anticipate the IT requirements of the Firm through the analysis of the helpdesk operation and active participation in weekly IT and other user meetings.
- Address all other daily IT issues across the Firm as they occur - such as IT specific user queries, preventative maintenance tasks, IT testing/deployment & rollout plans within agreed timelines.
- Administration of all aspects of IT environment, including client/server hardware, network infrastructure, and software operating systems/platforms/applications.
- Administration of all aspects of security, including firewall, anti-virus, encryption, and other internal security systems. Ensure all alerts are immediately resolved within the IT protocols, policies, and procedures. Maintain all data backups and ensure they are functioning correctly. Ensure business continuity and disaster recovery solutions are in place and tested.
- Build relationships with all third-party providers and IT suppliers to ensure the Firm’s IT systems are running efficiently and effectively as all times, and that all hardware and software requirements for the business are met.
- Proactively seek ways to engage and collaborate with all business departments on the use of technology to deliver business process improvements. This will include developing training materials for the maintenance of IT systems in the team and be able to deliver training as required.
- Develop, document, and implement policies and procedures for IT systems and associated data.
- Maintain a high level of IT knowledge, keeping up to date with the latest technologies and participate as required in all upgrades and/or introduction of new IT services as required. Be accountable for individual learning that is relevant to the role and be ready to share with colleagues and stakeholders as required.
- Participate in the Firm’s Performance Management System and ensure full compliance with all policies and procedures, reporting systems, and Firm’s values at all times.
- Successfully complete other duties as assigned within the agreed timeframe, and cover shift patterns when required.
- Third level degree (or equivalent) in computing science or information technology.
- ITIL certified.
- Minimum 5+ years working in an IT support & change environment which includes a full understanding hardware and software configuration, application change management, software application configuration, and day-to-day maintenance of an IT environment.
- Extensive experience of active directory (AD), server virtualization technologies, Cloud technologies (Azure, WVD/AVD), networking (LAN, WAN, WLAN), storage management, data security, and disaster recovery planning.
- Extensive working knowledge of software application configuration and support / Microsoft OS (various MS Windows & MS Windows Server versions) / databases (SQL) / data backup & recovery technologies, and file & print services administration.
- Working knowledge of IT hardware including configuration support & maintenance of mobile device / PC / server / multi-function printing, network & telecom components.
- Proven experience in configuration and maintenance of network, firewall, and endpoint security.
- Previous support experience with M365 including Azure AD and Exchange administration, permissions, file access, SharePoint/Teams/One Drive administration.
- Desirable knowledge and experience in configuration and support of key applications: Caseware, Alphatax, Star, Sage, Virtual Cabinet (and other applications as required).
- Proven experience in leading infrastructure upgrades/changes/integrations, as well as new infrastructure rollouts. Full understanding of server and network topologies.
- Successful track record in infrastructure migrations and seamless introduction of infrastructure services to users. Specific experience with server infrastructure migrations to public/private cloud platforms.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot any IT issue effectively, identifying root causes through analysis, and bringing to a timely resolution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- People Leadership: Ability to take responsibility for the management and completion of complex tasks - either as part of a team or unsupervised. Strong aptitude for technology and ability to work off own initiative. Ability to build rapport, influence and develop relationships. Excellent time management skills (ability to work within timelines and meet deadlines).
- Practice Management: Proven ability to focus on performance, prioritise work tasks, achieve service level agreements, meet deadlines, and produce results. Strong drive to achieve and maintain high standards. Demonstrate creative & effective problem-solving ability, with strong analytical skills. Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously and remain calm under pressure.
- Client Leadership: Shows a commitment to provide a high quality and professional IT service. Customer-service oriented with high problem-solving skills focused on the client. Ability to liaise and manage third party service providers Ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences. Commitment to provide a high quality and professional service to all clients, having empathy with stakeholders needs.
- Business Development: Takes ownership of self-learning. A passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement. Willingness to take on new tasks as instructed, as well as develop other skills as required
To be considered for this role please send your CV to email@example.com