IT Support & Application Lead
INNOVATE - The IT Solutions People are the Leading Managed IT and Cloud Service Provider in Ireland.
INNOVATE delivers secure and resilient IT infrastructure and telecommunication solutions and provides ongoing IT support through our managed IT services. INNOVATE’s professional services team supports our clients across Networking, Security, Cloud Infrastructure, Communications and Cloud Productivity. The INNOVATE team shares a passion for the transformative powers of IT and are driven to solve business problems through technology for our customers.
Since our foundation, we have recognised that our people are one of the most important stakeholders in our organisation. Our continuous training and learning programs for our people builds on the knowledge and expertise of the team across the business. We believe through our values of respect, excellence and leadership and our empowerment model that we will make a significant difference to our people, our community and our industry.
“Great people make INNOVATE and INNOVATE invests in its people”
Our people are great listeners, independent, collaborative, communicative, client-centred, driven to find the best solutions and, most of all, obsessed with the transformative powers of technology. We want to work with people interested in making the most of technology.
Our client is seeking an IT Support & Application Lead to join their team in helping to deliver the day-to-day maintenance and support for their environment and delivery of changes and improvements to the application environment.
Our client are transitioning to a Cloud infrastructure environment in Azure, experience with the Azure environment and specifically Windows/Azure Virtual Desktop configuration, maintenance, and support is crucial.
The Key Result Area’s (KRA)’s for this role include identifying & leading application improvements, sharing knowledge of all application changes with staff, resolving all IT support queries, proactively investigating issues, administration of all IT systems, server setup & support, network setup & support, implementation of back-up and recovery strategies. This is a varied IT operational role requiring agility, curiosity, and flexibility.
This IT role is undertaken by delivering a consistently high level of service in line with company policies and procedures and in keeping with the IT Strategy.
LOCATION - Dublin
- Be the technical lead on all application improvements or changes. Contribute to new applications solution technology evaluation. Successfully implement all required changes to the application environment. Assist with all infrastructure improvements/changes and ensure that you are in a position to effectively maintain and support all infrastructure.
- Communicate all necessary knowledge on the changes/improvements to applications and/or introduction of new applications to all users and IT team members in an efficient & effective manner.
- Address all IT maintenance & support requests/issues via IT Helpdesk. Ensure all IT requests/issues are completed/resolved within the established SLA. Take ownership of tasks and follow through to completion while maintaining the routine helpdesk operation.
- Identify problems & their root cause, evaluate trends, and anticipate the IT requirements of the Firm through the analysis of the helpdesk operation and active participation in weekly IT and other user meetings.
- Administration of all aspects of IT environment, including client/server hardware, network infrastructure, and software operating systems/platforms/applications. Carry out preventative maintenance tasks, IT testing/deployment & rollout plans within agreed timelines.
- Administration of all aspects of security, including firewall, anti-virus, encryption, and other internal security systems. Ensure all alerts are immediately resolved within the IT protocols, policies and procedures. Maintain all data backups and ensure they are functioning correctly. Ensure business continuity and disaster recovery solutions are in place and tested.
- Build relationships with all third party providers and IT suppliers to ensure the Firm’s IT systems are running efficiently and effectively as all times, and that all hardware and software requirements for the business are met.
- Proactively seek ways to engage and collaborate with all business departments on the use of technology to deliver business process improvements. This will include developing training materials for the maintenance of IT systems in the team and be able to deliver training as required.
- Develop, document, and implement policies & procedures for IT systems and associated data.
- Maintain a high level of IT knowledge, keeping up to date with the latest technologies and participate as required in all upgrades and/or introduction of new IT services as required. Be accountable for individual learning that is relevant to the role and be ready to share with colleagues and stakeholders as required.
- Participate in the Firm’s Performance Management System and ensure full compliance with all policies and procedures, reporting systems and Firm’s values at all times.
- Successfully complete other duties as assigned within the agreed timeframe, and cover shift patterns when required.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Essential Knowledge and Skills • Third level degree (or equivalent) in computing science or information technology. • ITIL certified. • Minimum of 5+ years working in an IT support & change environment, which includes a full understanding of hardware and software configuration, day-to-day maintenance of an IT environment, and application change management. • Extensive working knowledge of IT hardware including configuration support & maintenance of mobile device / PC / server / multi-function printing, network & telecom components.
- Extensive experience with software application configuration and support of: Microsoft OS (various MS Windows & MS Windows Server versions) / databases (SQL) / data backup & recovery technologies, and file & print services administration. • Working knowledge of Active Directory, server virtualization technologies, Cloud technologies (such as Azure, AWS), networking (LAN, WAN, WLAN), storage management, data security, and disaster recovery planning.
- Proven experience in configuration and maintenance of network, firewall, and endpoint security.
- Previous support experience with M365 including Azure AD and Exchange administration, permissions, file access, SharePoint/Teams/One Drive administration. • Desirable knowledge and experience in configuration and support of key applications: Caseware, Alphatax, Star, Sage, Virtual Cabinet (and other applications as required).
- Proven experience in leading application upgrades/changes/integrations, as well as new application rollouts. Full understanding of software design principles.
- Successful track record in application migrations and seamless introduction of software services to users. Specific experience with SharePoint site development and tools such as Intranet, HR applications, software for automation of tasks. Experience in implementing data analytics and Business Intelligence (BI) tools is also required.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot any IT issue effectively, identifying root causes through analysis, and bringing to a timely resolution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- People Leadership: Ability to take responsibility for the management and completion of complex tasks - either as part of a team or unsupervised. Strong aptitude for technology and ability to work off own initiative. Ability to build rapport, influence and develop relationships. Excellent time management skills (ability to work within timelines and meet deadlines).
- Practice Management: Proven ability to focus on performance, prioritise work tasks, achieve service level agreements, and produce results. Strong drive to achieve and maintain high standards. Demonstrate creative & effective problem solving ability, with strong
- analytical skills. Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously and remain calm under pressure.
- Client Leadership: Customer-service oriented with high problem solving skills focused on the client. Ability to liaise and manage third party service providers. Ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences. Commitment to provide a high quality and professional service to all clients, having empathy with stakeholders needs.
- Business Development: Takes ownership of self-learning. A passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement. Willingness to take on new tasks as instructed, as well as develop other skills as required.
To be considered for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org