Location - Wexford
Our client, a market leader in the meat processing sector, is looking to recruit the right person for a permanent IT support role at their site 15km north of Cork city, with some extended cover for an external location in Middleton.
This person will be responsible for 1st level support within the production facility and remote support calls for staff working from home. You will also liaise with several internal and external parties to address and resolve issues in a timely manner. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate with career progression opportunities.
- Provide 1st level day to day technical support to a dynamic office and production environments.
- Provide problem diagnosis, using appropriate support tools for hardware, software & in-house applications
- Deliver outstanding customer service standards by answering all calls promptly, remaining courteous and professional always
- Working as part of a larger group wide team, you will work to both individual and group targets.
- Provide excellent customer technical support, you will strive for first call resolution with each case.
- Take ownership of and manage incidents through to resolution.
- Liaise with various internal departments to resolve customer queries and complaints.
- Log support information and actions to the relevant database/system
- Any other duties deemed required as part of the day to day role
OTHER SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Third Level qualification in field of IT or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in a technical support environment required.
- Excellent working knowledge of Desktop Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of Windows Servers.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory administration skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange.
- Knowledge of network patching, switches and wireless installations.
- Strong Interpersonal skills with ability to support and communicate with users on all levels.
- Sound troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Self-starter who uses own initiative.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a larger team.
- Has a pleasant, patient and friendly attitude.
- Desired: Driving licence and own transport.
- Ability to take ownership, organise workload and change priorities quickly.
- Working hours: required to cover the hours from 7:00 – 17:00 Mon-Fri.
- On call rota outside normal work hours and weekends.
- Company phone
- Company laptop
- Discounted health insurance
- Subsidised canteen
- Free parking
- Cash sales available
- Flexibility of holiday planning
- Permanent contract
- Salary DOE. 10% shift allowance and extra for weeks worked on call.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.