L2 Network Engineer
INNOVATE - The IT Solutions People are the Leading Managed IT and Cloud Service Provider in Ireland.
INNOVATE delivers secure and resilient IT infrastructure and telecommunication solutions and provides ongoing IT support through our managed IT services. INNOVATE’s professional services team supports our clients across Networking, Security, Cloud Infrastructure, Communications and Cloud Productivity. The INNOVATE team shares a passion for the transformative powers of IT and are driven to solve business problems through technology for our customers.
Since our foundation, we have recognised that our people are one of the most important stakeholders in our organisation. Our continuous training and learning programs for our people builds on the knowledge and expertise of the team across the business. We believe through our values of respect, excellence and leadership and our empowerment model that we will make a significant difference to our people, our community and our industry.
“Great people make INNOVATE and INNOVATE invests in its people”
Our people are great listeners, independent, collaborative, communicative, client-centred, driven to find the best solutions and, most of all, obsessed with the transformative powers of technology. We want to work with people interested in making the most of technology.
Our client is the market leader for business connectivity. Low latency, high speed, industry leading pricing, exceptional turnaround times and outstanding level of service are the company’s cornerstone values.
They are now seeking a Level 2 Network Engineer to work as part of the NOC Team, provisioning connections, troubleshooting client-side issues, monitoring the network and managing specific projects. The current team are young, dynamic and enthusiastic. The city centre location ensures that the team can combine fast paced career development as well as easy access to local amenities. Candidates have every opportunity to develop their career and encourage training and further education where relevant. It is a fun, but fast paced work environment where every team member has a strong input into the development of the business.
LOCATION - Dublin City Centre
- Responsible for the design, implementation and support of IP routing, switching and security solutions to fulfil the customers’ requirements.
- Liaise with the service delivery team to ensure that the customers’ requirements are fully captured and documented.
- Participate in the rotating "on call" schedule with other members of the team providing support.
- Act as technical team leader
- Act as escalation support for Incidents.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of operations experience utilizing Juniper, Arista and Cisco equipment
- Extensive network and service automation skills
- RF/Microwave Technologies
- Extensive network routing protocol, MPLS and troubleshooting skills in all of BGP, OSPF, ISIS, RSVP and MPLS
- Network certifications such as CCNP/JNCIP (or equivalent training/experience).
- Experience with packet sniffing applications
- Knowledge of low latency architecture, network operations and performance tuning.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Good programming skills (Java, Python etc..)
- RF/Microwave Technologies
- Good working knowledge of Linux and scripting.
- An opportunity to work with arguably the best network team in UK/Ireland.
- The ability to upskill and follow an amazing career path.
- The company will actively support in your training and career development, so you can take your engineering knowledge to the next level.
- Working across multiple teams and disciplines
- Working under an Agile framework
- A centrally located office surrounded by the best establishments the city has to offer.
To be considered for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org