Operational Readiness Manager
On behalf of our client we are seeking an Operational Readiness Manager to join their team in Dublin.
Our client is the leading connected entertainment cable and broadcast business in Ireland. Every day they deliver connections that really matter for Irish Consumers and Businesses with multi award-winning services including broadband, TV, mobile and home phone. Their business division provides the fastest broadband speeds and connectivity solutions for entrepreneurs, businesses, and the public sector.
They are the Irish division of one of the world’s leading converged video, broadband and communications companies, with operations in six European countries.
- Reporting to the Programme office Director, the operational readiness manager will be a key member of the Programme office team responsible for ensuring a successful implementation, go-live and roll-out of a significant programme across the business.
- The purpose of the role is to collate and manage various critical operational readiness activities across the business providing expert operational readiness advice to all areas of the business.
- Key to the success of the role will be the collaboration with workstream leads and stakeholders to ensure that all cross functional and departmental operational readiness activities are known, documented, managed and coordinated to deliver a best-in-class service for customers.
- The successful candidate will need to have the ability to engage & manage a complex set of priorities and stakeholder requirements, with excellent prioritisation and relationship building skills
DUTIES AND TASKS
- You will liaise between business owners, project managers, design teams, operations teams, and partners / suppliers communicating between all key stakeholders to ensure the smooth and successful acceptance of new products and services, executed to high quality standards.
- Ensure all operational support materials are completed to a high standard by all relevant areas of the business
- Provide expert operational readiness support and ensure critical cross-functional interfaces between all areas of the business
- Manage and facilitate operational readiness exercises to support workstream leads and stakeholders to identify and prepare for go-live and BAU activities post go-live ensuring that appropriate lifecycle resourcing, training, tooling, support, and documentation is delivered with formal sign-off from all key stakeholders.
- Ensure that appropriate lifecycle resourcing, training, tooling, support, and documentation is delivered with a formal project sign-off from all key stakeholders.
- Ensure that any new 3rd party contracts which contain agreed support schedule aligns with the proposed support model and is backed up by appropriate SLAs.
- Ensure training requirements and any other non-functional requirements are defined and delivered against the agreed operational readiness defined acceptance Criteria.
- Provide guidance and direction to all areas of the business to ensure that the operational readiness activities are achieved on time, within budget and in adherence to the project scope, business case and business KPI’s
- Track performance of operational readiness against defined milestones and report on progress, risks, resolutions or mitigations and escalations of issue through the appropriate governance channels
- Define and communication operational readiness capability requirements in agreement with business stakeholders
- Support internal transformational change given the size and cross-functional impact of the project ensuring adherence to separation principles where required
- Work with key stakeholders to identify and minimise operational risks due to inadequate or failed processes, partner integration/alignment, systems or external impacts
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technology field
- Telecommunications business process mapping experience preferable
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Commitment to service excellence and customer experience
- Excellent analytical skills, with ability to identify trends, and translate findings into tangible improvements
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills together with the ability to deliver to senior management level
- The successful candidate will need to have excellent analytical and co-ordination skills, a ‘completer – finisher’ taking accountability for required activities from inception to delivery, in an environment which requires robust metrics to confirm success.
- They will be a driven individual who is capable of rallying the team to deliver a desired outcome but can also work independently when required only seeking support or guidance at the appropriate times
To be considered for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
INNOVATE delivers secure and resilient IT infrastructure and telecommunication solutions and provides ongoing IT support through our managed IT services. INNOVATE’s professional services team supports our clients across Networking, Security, Cloud Infrastructure, Communications and Cloud Productivity. The INNOVATE team shares a passion for the transformative powers of IT and are driven to solve business problems through technology for our customers.
Since our foundation, we have recognised that our people are one of the most important stakeholders in our organisation. Our continuous training and learning programs for our people builds on the knowledge and expertise of the team across the business. We believe through our values of respect, excellence and leadership and our empowerment model that we will make a significant difference to our people, our community and our industry.
“Great people make INNOVATE and INNOVATE invests in its people”
Our people are great listeners, independent, collaborative, communicative, client-centred, driven to find the best solutions and, most of all, obsessed with the transformative powers of technology. We want to work with people interested in making the most of technology.