Our client offers an array of products and services to accountants across Ireland and the UK with c. 30 staff. The company is made up of a technical group that produces content (video/workpapers/whitepapers) and carries out services for other accountants; and product/tech, sales and marketing functions that deliver our online products. Our client is in a transition phase to becoming a product centric company that has the customer at the heart of development.
Our client is seeking a Product Owner to work on sites building the best-in-case Continuing Professional Development (CPD) platform across many verticals and markets. Our client has big growth plans for the platform both in terms of the number of users and features it includes. Expansion into the UK will grow our user base 10X. Additional features include other products we offer such as the accountants resource centre (digital auditing software) and knowledgehub (Zendesk like product). The business' long-term goal is to create a unified experience of these products that will lead to more innovation including data related products. The PO will initially report to the CTO but as the product function grows and matures it will stand more independently.
Success in the first 12 months will include a successful roll out of cpdstore.co.uk with numerous positive iterations. Rolling the learnings back into the Irish site and market. Future product development will revolutionise how people work with and consume their CPD which will be a data and UI/UX challenge.
LOCATION - Wexford
CONTRACT - Permanent full-time
SALARY RANGE - €55,000 - €70,000 (DOE)
- Initial focus on getting products delivered including launching a new platform into the UK market – agile ceremonies, 2-week sprints, etc.
- Defining and refining the product vision.
- Managing and prioritising the product backlog.
- Translating stakeholders strategic plans into development plans.
- Understanding the market and competitors.
- Overseeing/Liaising with external development teams to ensure we’re hitting delivery objectives.
- Evaluating and presenting progress at each iteration.
- Introduce Agile best practice across the organisation.
- Work with designers to integrate our product to give a unified customer experience.
- Grow the product and design function.
- Experience in delivering successful web delivery products.
- Worked with development teams (ideally cloud).
- Can interact with designers.
- Able to manage stakeholders effectively.
- Knows the Agile ways of working.
- Ability to write and manage user stories.
- Comfortable with web analytics tools and data (Excel, Google Analytics, etc.).
- A track record in the role of Product Owner/Manager.
- Extra credit: An Agile certification.
- Extra Extra credit: experience in the accountancy space.
BENEFITS (POST PROBATION)
- PRSA Pension Scheme 5% matched
- Life cover, health insurance policy with serious illness and injury cover
- Standard health insurance
INNOVATE delivers secure and resilient IT infrastructure and telecommunication solutions and provides ongoing IT support through our managed IT services. INNOVATE’s professional services team supports our clients across Networking, Security, Cloud Infrastructure, Communications and Cloud Productivity. The INNOVATE team shares a passion for the transformative powers of IT and are driven to solve business problems through technology for our customers.
Since our foundation, we have recognised that our people are one of the most important stakeholders in our organisation. Our continuous training and learning programs for our people builds on the knowledge and expertise of the team across the business. We believe through our values of respect, excellence and leadership and our empowerment model that we will make a significant difference to our people, our community and our industry.
“Great people make INNOVATE and INNOVATE invests in its people”
Our people are great listeners, independent, collaborative, communicative, client-centred, driven to find the best solutions and, most of all, obsessed with the transformative powers of technology. We want to work with people interested in making the most of technology.
To be considered for this role please send your CV to email@example.com