Our Client is an Irish process control, automation and instrumentation company. They offer a full spectrum of services from the design and install of primary measurement equipment to large scale process automation and are industry leaders in the field of automation. They offer services into various vertical markets with current primary focus on water and power industries with a plan to expand into further markets.
LOCATION - KILDARE
Our Client is currently recruiting for a SCADA Engineer for their Service department. This full time and permanent role reporting to the SCADA Team Lead and may include some travel from time to time. This position is subject to a 6 month probationary period.
The SCADA Engineer provides support, implementation, and maintenance of all SCADA installed systems throughout the country. The successful candidate will work as a part of a member of the service department on minor projects and reactive service works. The ideal candidate should have strong debugging skills with a strong computer knowledge, with the ability to deal with customer queries while able to multitask.
The Engineer will report to the SCADA Team Lead. The successful applicant will work on significant Telemetry and SCADA Projects. The applicant will be responsible for new builds and the support of the existing telemetry and SCADA infrastructure. Also providing ongoing support to their service and project teams. Primarily the post is office based but it is envisaged that the position will require occasional site visits as the applicant gains experience and knowledge of the products and install base.
- Install, maintain, and repair electrical control, wiring, cable containment, and telemetry MCC’s
- Install Radio Telemetry Equipment including antenna and rigging fixtures.
- Installation of Variable Speed drives.
- Confined space work will be required as part of your role.(High Risk Training supplied)
- Working at heights a requirement.(Ladders and MEPW)
- Installation and terminating of indoor/outdoor cabling.
- Ability to read technical diagrams
- Perform general electrical duties
- Inspect MCC’s, circuit breakers and other electrical components
- Troubleshoot electrical issues using appropriate testing devices
- Repair and replace equipment, electrical wiring, or fixtures
- Follow ETCI and National Code of Practice guidelines
- Good knowledge of various test equipment
- Deep electrical repair knowledge
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time as necessitated by business demands.
- Computer Science/Engineering Level 8 Degree or equivalent.
- Experienced in SCADA graphical design
- Strong interest in automation engineering
- SCADA experience ICONICS, Intouch, Wonderware, WinCC, Citect SCADA, ONSPEC
- Strong understanding of industrial control systems would be an advantage but not essential, willing to learn and capable of learning in live project environments
- Instrumentation & Measurement experience a distinct advantage
- Experience of working with computer equipment and technology
- Previous relevant experience in Water/Power Systems an advantage
- Knowledge of object orientated programming
- Ability to show initiative and complete out on assigned tasks
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral. Must be highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to collaborate at a variety of levels, coupled with excellent organisation, planning and team building skills
- Demonstrate a professional and positive approach to work
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer relationship management skills
- Full, clean driving licence
INNOVATE delivers secure and resilient IT infrastructure and telecommunication solutions and provides ongoing IT support through our managed IT services. INNOVATE’s professional services team supports our clients across Networking, Security, Cloud Infrastructure, Communications and Cloud Productivity. The INNOVATE team shares a passion for the transformative powers of IT and are driven to solve business problems through technology for our customers.
Since our foundation, we have recognised that our people are one of the most important stakeholders in our organisation. Our continuous training and learning programs for our people builds on the knowledge and expertise of the team across the business. We believe through our values of respect, excellence and leadership and our empowerment model that we will make a significant difference to our people, our community and our industry.
“Great people make INNOVATE and INNOVATE invests in its people”
Our people are great listeners, independent, collaborative, communicative, client-centred, driven to find the best solutions and, most of all, obsessed with the transformative powers of technology. We want to work with people interested in making the most of technology.
To be considered for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org