Senior IT Engineer
INNOVATE delivers secure and resilient IT infrastructure and telecommunication solutions and provides ongoing IT support through our managed IT services. INNOVATE’s professional services team supports our clients across Networking, Security, Cloud Infrastructure, Communications and Cloud Productivity. The INNOVATE team shares a passion for the transformative powers of IT and are driven to solve business problems through technology for our customers.
Since our foundation, we have recognised that our people are one of the most important stakeholders in our organisation. Our continuous training and learning programs for our people builds on the knowledge and expertise of the team across the business. We believe through our values of respect, excellence and leadership and our empowerment model that we will make a significant difference to our people, our community and our industry.
“Great people make INNOVATE and INNOVATE invests in its people”
Our people are great listeners, independent, collaborative, communicative, client-centred, driven to find the best solutions and, most of all, obsessed with the transformative powers of technology. We want to work with people interested in making the most of technology.
Our client, a nationwide hospitality company, is seeking a Senior IT Engineer. You will play a key role in supporting the IT Manager in the smooth running of a fast paced IT department.
- Professional experience in troubleshooting complex IT issues, Experience in a capacity of a Senior IT Engineer
- Experience Project Managing site infrastructure projects and excellent all - round experience / knowledge of IT infrastructure
- Experience managing Telecomms installations/vendors and support contracts.
- Support VOIP systems and mobile devices/ phones.
- Proficient level of Active Directory, Domain Controllers and Group Policy configuration
- Proficient level of Windows server (2008/ 2012 / 2016 / 2019)
- Resolve technical escalations covering a wide variety of technical issues
- Troubleshooting experience relating to Server OS, Office 365, Group Policy and DNS, Active Directory management, print management
- Experience with Virtualisation, specifically Vmware
- Familiarity with SQL/ MS SQL server
- Find timely creative solutions to issues.
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES FOR THE ROLE
- Organised with strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi task and prioritise tasks
- Team player
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to quickly learn new company-specific software in order to be able to support users
- Must be able to work well and communicate effectively with users of a broad range of computer competency levels
- Out of hours support required on a scheduled/rotational basis
- A strong desire to research and study new emerging technologies for consideration in future
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- 8 years experience preferred.
- Relevant third level IT qualification
- Any of the following CompTIA N+, CCNA, MCSA
- Full Drivers' license
To be considered for this role please send your CV to email@example.com