Our Client is an Irish process control, automation and instrumentation company. They offer a full spectrum of services from the design and install of primary measurement equipment to large scale process automation and are industry leaders in the field of automation. They offer services into various vertical markets with current primary focus on water and power industries with a plan to expand into further markets.
LOCATION - KILDARE & CORK
Our Client is currently recruiting for a Service Dispatcher to join their Service Department team. The service team comprise of field based specialist technicians, who work across the country. Their client base is extensive and covers every key sector of the water, wastewater industry. This full time, permanent role reporting to the Service Manager and is subject to a 6-month probationary period.
The role will include administrative duties, providing technical support, scheduling of engineers, preparing Health & Safety RAMS and liaising with customers and staff. The candidate will be expected to understand the works they complete and assist with solutions based on what the company offers i.e, software, automation, and electrical & instrumentation. They will provide training on their services and products; however, the ideal candidate would have some form of technical background in the areas of electrical, electronics or instrumentation and previous technical experience in a service department environment.
The successful candidate will need to diagnose the customers’ requirements to ensure they assist with the appropriate personnel and solution. This role requires a candidate with excellent communication skills and attention to detail. The success of the Service team is based on aligned priorities, clear communication and managing internal/external expectations. The candidate must have previous experience working in a reactive environment, being able to work under pressure while prioritising multiple tasks, staying focused with a systematic approach to their workload to ensure all requests, both urgent and non-urgent are completed.
- Initial first phase technical support to customers to diagnose incoming call issues to assess what the issue is and how they will process the call, assign the works to appropriate field-based staff and establish what material may be required
- Liaising with customer from logging initial calls to arranging/modifying the schedule for engineers to attend callouts & maintenance works, managing customers’ expectations and any third-party permits, Inductions, or special access requirements
- Generating service call ticket, arranging site visit, checking and closing the completed works, updating the customer and closing works through to invoice
- Be liaison between customer and field based staff
- Assisting with and chasing quotes and up selling products
- Support field-based staff with work queries, RAMS, arranging parts & training needs
- Supervision of the team including general administration support, monitoring performance and skills, and delivering feedback.
- Assisting with accounts to arrange completion of paperwork, dealing with queries to assist invoicing and processing of field engineers reports and expenses.
- Build and maintain customer relations.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time as necessitated by business demands.
- A trade qualification or degree and who has previously worked in a service department with field based technical staff
- Previous experience in the water or wastewater industry is desirable, but not essential.
- Experience in scheduling staff from various locations throughout Ireland
- Previous supervisory experience an advantage
- Must have experience and ability to multi-task and prioritise in a busy office
- Proven ability to identify an issue and show initiative to find the solution
- Be a punctual, motivated, and organised self-starter who is enthusiastic and conscientious about completing work on time and to a high standard.Demonstrate a positive approach to work and be able to work well unsupervised and as part of a team.
- Quick learner on new administrative platforms such as service support tools, vehicle tracking systems and field-based software platforms.
- Excellent administrative duties and well organised individual that can manage their time effectively
- Experience on Sage a benefit but training will be provided
- Must be proficient using MS Office applications
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English and very comfortable speaking to customer
INNOVATE delivers secure and resilient IT infrastructure and telecommunication solutions and provides ongoing IT support through our managed IT services. INNOVATE’s professional services team supports our clients across Networking, Security, Cloud Infrastructure, Communications and Cloud Productivity. The INNOVATE team shares a passion for the transformative powers of IT and are driven to solve business problems through technology for our customers.
Since our foundation, we have recognised that our people are one of the most important stakeholders in our organisation. Our continuous training and learning programs for our people builds on the knowledge and expertise of the team across the business. We believe through our values of respect, excellence and leadership and our empowerment model that we will make a significant difference to our people, our community and our industry.
“Great people make INNOVATE and INNOVATE invests in its people”
Our people are great listeners, independent, collaborative, communicative, client-centred, driven to find the best solutions and, most of all, obsessed with the transformative powers of technology. We want to work with people interested in making the most of technology.
To be considered for this role please send your CV to email@example.com