Service Manager (Change Management)
INNOVATE - The IT Solutions People are the Leading Managed IT and Cloud Service Provider in Ireland.
Our client is looking for a Service Manager. As part of the Service Management team the successful candidate will be immersed in the ITIL framework and associated best practices. You will be responsible for the management of all changes made on our clients company infrastructure and related platforms through Change Management. Responsibility for preventing incidents through Problem Management and capturing risks through Risk Management will also be key aspects of the role.
The Service Manager will play a pivotal role in maintaining the Change Management process and procedures on a Local and a Pan European basis working within our clients organisation originating Locally, Centrally or from 3rd Parties. The Service Manager responsible for Change has overall responsibility for the full E2E life-cycle of the Change Management process for our client. The primary responsibility is to enable beneficial changes to be made with minimal disruption to the business. The role will involve helping with the planning / scheduling of changes, assisting with communication, avoiding conflicts and confirming both details and availability of resources captured in all Change Requests are in order.
Service Management is focused on the services provided with the end customer at the heart of every decision our client makes.
LOCATION - Dublin
- Responsible for the day to day coordination of all Change Requests impacting our clients organisation infrastructure and platforms.
- Ensuring all changes come complete with the appropriate details and are properly reviewed and approved by responsible teams.
- Single point of contact for all change related queries on our clients organisational infrastructure and related platforms originating Locally, Centrally or from 3rd Parties.
- Responsible for producing and publishing the Forward Schedule of Change daily.
- Responsible for preparing and chairing the Change Advisory Board and providing all supporting documentation to key stakeholders.
- Represent our client on Change Advisory Boards hosted by other operating units.
- For Emergency and Expedited Changes, we will be looking for you to ensure there are no conflicts with existing planned works, minimise associated risk where possible and ensure all approvals are received in a timely manner.
- Capture all activity within the appropriate ticketing tool to ensure changes are being processed correctly and are auditable.
- Produce daily, weekly and monthly reports capturing the activity in the area of Change Management.
- This is a collaborative role working with numerous parties in order to protect both our infrastructure and platforms but more importantly our customer base.
- Responsible for preventing incidents through the Problem Management process. This is achieved through Post / Major Incident Reviews following an incident where root causes are captured, mitigation steps and actions agreed and are tracked by the Service Manager to successful conclusion.
- Responsible for Risk Management within our business area. Working with all stakeholders continually review and provide updates on identified risks, the likelihood and impact if such events occur against an agreed matrix.
- Drive an innovation and automation agenda where possible.
- Third level degree (or equivalent) in computing science or information technology.
- ITIL certified.
- Minimum 5+ years working in an IT support & change environment which includes a full understanding hardware and software configuration, application change management, software application configuration, and day-to-day maintenance of an IT environment.
- Extensive experience of active directory (AD), server virtualization technologies, Cloud technologies (Azure, WVD/AVD), networking (LAN, WAN, WLAN), storage management, data security, and disaster recovery planning.
- Extensive working knowledge of software application configuration and support / Microsoft OS (various MS Windows & MS Windows Server versions) / databases (SQL) / data backup & recovery technologies, and file & print services administration.
- Working knowledge of IT hardware including configuration support & maintenance of mobile device / PC / server / multi-function printing, network & telecom components.
- Proven experience in configuration and maintenance of network, firewall, and endpoint security.
- Previous support experience with M365 including Azure AD and Exchange administration, permissions, file access, SharePoint/Teams/One Drive administration.
- Desirable knowledge and experience in configuration and support of key applications: Caseware, Alphatax, Star, Sage, Virtual Cabinet (and other applications as required).
- Proven experience in leading infrastructure upgrades/changes/integrations, as well as new infrastructure rollouts. Full understanding of server and network topologies.
- Successful track record in infrastructure migrations and seamless introduction of infrastructure services to users. Specific experience with server infrastructure migrations to public/private cloud platforms.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot any IT issue effectively, identifying root causes through analysis, and bringing to a timely resolution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
SKILLS & EXPERTISE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- ITIL accredited is advantageous
- Minimum 5 years of experience within a similar fast paced environment
- Experience of working in connected entertainment cable and broadcast business
- Experience engaging effectively with executive and senior level management
- Experience and appreciation of working in a service and customer focused environment
- Promotes a culture of Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- A strategic, forward thinking individual who enjoys a fast paced environment and performs well under pressure
- A confident decision maker who is competent in coping with uncertainty and risk, advising and making recommendations on short timescales
- First class problem solving skills who gets to the heart of the matter
- The ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with the business while ascertaining the key impact/detail behind the issue/request
- High attention to detail, someone who cares about quality in everything they do and can deliver within tight timescales
To be considered for this role please send your CV to email@example.com