Software Development Engineer
INNOVATE - The IT Solutions People are the Leading Managed IT and Cloud Service Provider in Ireland.
INNOVATE delivers secure and resilient IT infrastructure and telecommunication solutions and provides ongoing IT support through our managed IT services. INNOVATE’s professional services team supports our clients across Networking, Security, Cloud Infrastructure, Communications and Cloud Productivity. The INNOVATE team shares a passion for the transformative powers of IT and are driven to solve business problems through technology for our customers.
Since our foundation, we have recognised that our people are one of the most important stakeholders in our organisation. Our continuous training and learning programs for our people builds on the knowledge and expertise of the team across the business. We believe through our values of respect, excellence and leadership and our empowerment model that we will make a significant difference to our people, our community and our industry.
“Great people make INNOVATE and INNOVATE invests in its people”
Our people are great listeners, independent, collaborative, communicative, client-centred, driven to find the best solutions and, most of all, obsessed with the transformative powers of technology. We want to work with people interested in making the most of technology.
Location: Co. Wexford
Our client, a global leader in the development and supply of pumping solutions and related equipment are now seeking a Software Development Engineer to manage development of software applications required to efficiently and securely control assets and acquire operational data from their remote equipment. They provide a challenging and rewarding work environment where diversity is valued as a key driver for success.
A key responsibility will be to recommend new approaches, advising on industry standards, and working closely with hardware specialists and programming teams
- Technical responsibility for the design of software applications
- Specify, design and document technical requirements, and define test plans as appropriate
- Manage implementation projects, co-ordinate internal and external resources and ensure work is completed to specification, ensuring the necessary technical solutions
- Evaluate and select software components that will be used in larger solutions
- Manage technical updates to existing product portfolio
- Advise on opportunities to streamline control, monitoring and connected solutions
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in electronic engineering, computer science or similar with 5+ years of experience in best practices software development, delivery and deployment
- In-depth knowledge of C++ programming language, with previous experience in Visual C++ development
- Knowledge of software architecture for connected industrial applications/solutions.
- Familiar with software development tools from Microsoft
- Analytical skills for root cause determination.
- Fluent in English
- Proven track record of application development using Microsoft Visual Studios
- Experience in MFC application development
- Knowledge of embedded systems with IoT or M2M capability
- Knowledge of industrial communications protocols (OPC, DNP3, Modbus, fieldbus)
- Telecoms/Network communications protocols (TCP/IP, GPRS/3G/4G, Wireless, low energy protocols)
- Familiar with software development tools from Apple and Google
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary and multinational team environment
- Collaborative teamwork style
- Demonstrates willingness to change and self-motivate
- Customer and team oriented
- Open for changes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills incl. change management and problem-solving
- High ambiguity skills
To be considered for this role please send your CV to email@example.com