Our client offers an array of products and services to accountants across Ireland and the UK with c. 30 staff. The company is made up of a technical group that produces content (video/workpapers/whitepapers) and carries out services for other accountants; and product/tech, sales and marketing functions that deliver our online products. Our client is in a transition phase to becoming a product centric company that has the customer at the heart of development.
Our client is seeking a Software Engineer, who will work on the sites where the business are building the best-in-case Continuing Professional Development (CPD) platform across many verticals and markets. Our client have big growth plans for the platform both in terms of the number of users and features it includes. Expansion into the UK will grow the user base 10X.
Success in the first 12 months will include a successful roll out of the site with numerous positive iterations. Rolling the learnings back into the Irish site and market. Future product development will revolutionise how people work with and consume their CPD which will be a data and UI/UX challenge.
The role will build the platform on AWS to facilitate this growth. Oure client are building this with the latest technologies and best practices, including serverless and infrastructure-as-code. This will be the first developer into the tech team and has many opportunities for individual growth in the coming years.
LOCATION - Wexford
CONTRACT - Permanent full-time
SALARY RANGE - €45,000 - €65,000 (DOE)
- Design, develop & deliver applications (data and web apps) to meet business needs in a Scrum environment
- Own solutions from conception to production deployment and use
- Communicate progress to business & technical stakeholders throughout solution lifecycles
- Write well documented, tested and versioned code to agreed architectural standards, maintaining code integrity and organisation
- Maintain quality and ensure the responsiveness of applications
- Understand and implement security and data protection best practices
- Contribute ideas for new features and identify areas for improvement proactively
- Join larger development teams to drive or support initiatives as required
- BS in Computer Science or comparable area
- 3-5 years of software development experience
- Highly experience with back-end languages such as Python and infrastructure-as-code languages such as CloudFormation/SAM/CDK
- Familiar with event driven architectures and interacting with third-party APIs
- Knowledge of the AWS Service stack (e.g. Lambda, EventBridge, DynamoDB, Step Functions, etc.)
- Ability to learn new technologies and paradigms as required and a track record of continuous learning
- Knows the Agile ways of working and comfortable working in a Scrum team
- Ability to communicate effectively with Product Owners
- Extra credit
- Experience with AWS services like Glue and Athena
- Experience in the accountancy space
BENEFITS (POST PROBATION)
- PRSA Pension Scheme 5% matched
- Life cover, health insurance policy with serious illness and injury cover
- Standard health insurance
INNOVATE delivers secure and resilient IT infrastructure and telecommunication solutions and provides ongoing IT support through our managed IT services. INNOVATE’s professional services team supports our clients across Networking, Security, Cloud Infrastructure, Communications and Cloud Productivity. The INNOVATE team shares a passion for the transformative powers of IT and are driven to solve business problems through technology for our customers.
Since our foundation, we have recognised that our people are one of the most important stakeholders in our organisation. Our continuous training and learning programs for our people builds on the knowledge and expertise of the team across the business. We believe through our values of respect, excellence and leadership and our empowerment model that we will make a significant difference to our people, our community and our industry.
“Great people make INNOVATE and INNOVATE invests in its people”
Our people are great listeners, independent, collaborative, communicative, client-centred, driven to find the best solutions and, most of all, obsessed with the transformative powers of technology. We want to work with people interested in making the most of technology.
To be considered for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org